Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thinking of funk

CHAPTER 8

It was with some trepidation that we opened the door upon our return from Thanksgiving. 

"Ready for some funk?" I asked Niki.

We were both ready.

But alas, our house smelled like a house. A little musty perhaps from several days of inactivity, but not exactly funky.

"I think I might smell some funk," Niki suggested. After the false trap episode, I was skeptical.

"Here's the new rule," I suggested. "Unless you are 100 percent sure you have heard a sound or smelled some funk, don't think you've done either. We need to be 100 percent or I won't be able to take the letdown."

Unsure, we went to sleep. And then...

Crunch, crunch, crunch.

"You have got to be kidding me," we said at nearly the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment