Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Reality sinks in

CHAPTER 2

It was milliseconds after Niki awoke that I told her what I heard.

"There's something up there," I told her, hovering over her sleeping head. I replayed the creepy crunching I had heard, crunch by crunch. Maybe I was just hearing something, she wondered. A reasonable thought. No, whatever it was, it was moving.

We decided to wait another night to see if we heard it again. Nights went past, though, and nothing. Could I have been hearing things?

And then, a few nights later, this time right over our bedroom...

Crunch, crunch...crunch. Crunch.

"I heard that," Niki said. It was 3 a.m. She looked over at me. Oh, I was awake all right. I heard it too.

"How in the world are we going to get that out?" I wondered. 

Crunch, CRUNCH, crunch...crunch.

It was time for professional help.

No comments:

Post a Comment